The Ardmore Sabie Collection
In August 2018 Feé Halsted set off to the Kruger National Park to unwind and recharge her slightly frazzled batteries. Nothing is more salutary and exciting than nestling in the bush to ignite the imagination and restore one's faith in humanity and rekindle the spirit.
She "glamped" in rondavel huts in the lower Sabie, a dense lush region of the park, in which trees, plants and bushes abound watered by the great Sabie River where its vegetation draws large varieties of birds and game to drink, bathe and fish. The area is a never ending tapestry of camouflaged beasts where light, sound and movement and colour shift and change.
Ardmore Artists have never come into close contact with the fauna and flora they represent and we are charmed by their earnest and naive rendering which is similar to the paintings of French artist Henri Rousseau. It is this earnest depiction of our African fauna and flora that we so valued and enjoyed.
Cheetah Kings Forest Rectangle Velvet Plum Pillow
- 24" x 16"
- 49% Viscose, 42% Cotton, 9% Polyester
- Reversible Velvet Pattern (front and back) with Coordinating Piping
- Top Stitch. Zip at the base of the Cushion
- Includes 95/5 Down Insert
- Origin: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Manufacturer: Ardmore
- Care Instructions: This product has been printed digitally and will enjoy a longer lifespan with the appropriate care
- Dry Clean Only
- Avoid Long Term Exposure to Sunlight